A DUI charge can happen to anyone of any age, race, religion, socioeconomic background, locale, or gender. If it has happened to you, then you need the help of an experienced defense attorney.
Lexington attorney John E. Cornett knows Kentucky DUI law, serving Lexington-Fayette County and all counties in central Kentucky. John’s track record includes representation of clients charged with:
- DUI – Vehicle Owner
- DUI (1st offenders and multiple offenders)
- Evading Arrest
- Reckless Driving
- Reckless Endangerment
- Vehicular Assault
- Vehicular Homicide
- Violation of the Implied Consent Law
- All other traffic crimes
These are serious charges that can affect your life and livelihood. To find out how John can help, call for your free consultation today. He is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Kentucky Bar Association Criminal Law Section (KBA).
An arrest on a DUI or related charge seems bleak, but John’s diligence in going over the evidence and the arrest procedures has helped many clients in this position. When he looks at your case, John will assess:
- Why did the police stop you?
- Was the officer looking for a DUI, or did the officer randomly come across you?
- What evidence, if any, was there that you might be under the influence, thereby allowing the officer to investigate further?
- If the officer alleges that you broke a traffic law, did you receive a traffic citation?
- What is your driving record?
- Did the officer properly administer the Field Sobriety Tests?
- What potential problems may exist with the breathalyzer machine and related testing process?
- Or, in blood BAC cases, what problems may have occurred during the blood draw and related gas chromatography testing process?
- Is there dashcam (or bodycam) video that we can review?
- Who are potential witnesses?
With John as your advocate, you can be certain that all the evidence will be reviewed by your attorney when building the case, and that all avenues will be pursued in your defense.